THESPIKE.GG Valorant Event & News Coverage

Forums - General Discussion

Rating Metric
Ive been wondering due to willminders recent post, how is rating measured on this website? Ive looked at some other players in some other matches during this week like Ayrin for example and he hasnt got high rating for his match against ghost even though in my eyes he had some amazing impact and he played an overall great game. I would understand if his rating wasnt up in the 1.30s or 40s but the guy isnt even in the 1.10s.
I havent been able to find it on the website since I dont think theyve really posted it anywhere on how its actually calculated
2022-05-17 10:03

Comments

Nivera | ciro
rating in thespike.gg is pretty much hltv 2.0 rating (csgo)
2022-05-17 10:04
Nivera | ciro
2022-05-17 10:05
ScreaM | hex4
it's not. they didn't send us their formula :D
2022-05-17 10:56
Nivera | ciro
oh mb
2022-05-17 11:34
ScreaM | hex4
I worked on the current Rating metric and you can find an explanation on what is included in the current formula here: https://www.thespike.gg/news/player-ratings-matches-results-notifications-vods-pages-and-more-website-update-1-05/733 . As HLTV, they never shared their formula but only what the formula is made of.

we have to rely on data provided by RIOT API and the game itself. so if people say that the Breach assist is broken, we can't really award them properly since we don't have the correct data

Having said that, in the near future we might be getting more data and we might do some tweeks that are needed. What the current metric is, is basically an alternative to measure players' performance when compared to ACS. ACS focuses on damage and opponents alive when kills happen which favours a lot Duelists. Some factors that we include that ACS does not have are the economy at the start of each round (so if you're farming kills on eco rounds you won't have the same rating compared to full buy rounds) and even 1vX situations.

Let me give you an example of how the current metric is far from perfect due to data limitations. Imagine the following scenario:

- Spike planted
- Attackers agents alive Killjoy and Omen
- Defenders agents alive Jett
- Killjoy uses ultimate
- Jett manages to kill Killjoy but Ultimate is still going on
- Jett stunned by ultimate and can't defuse
- Attackers win round

In this case, Killjoy is not getting any + in their rating because we don't know this even happened from the data we get from RIOT API
2022-05-17 11:06
Thanks ill read up on this. I do think its good that there is a different metric than ACS and I would agree this really does help controller and sentinel players who just dont get kills as frequently since we just arent in those positions often. Ive always had a problem with the ACS system as a controller player myself and honestly this kinda stuff that you guys do should definitely put you above VLR.

Yea that is a very niche scenario and with the API there is no way to find this when it happens in a round. Thats nice that you can accept that it just isnt perfect yet. I hope Riot update their API to supply more information at least for VCT matches and potentially with that maybe they could have a replay system that could utilize this newer/better version.
2022-05-19 09:02

Add Comment

You must be logged in to be able to post comments.

Login – OR – Register