THESPIKE.GG Valorant Event & News Coverage

Forums - General Discussion

why do pros use phantom more?
steel |
puranpoli
it's clear that vandal is the better gun between the two. the vandal is one tap, better bullet penetration and is (at least for me) easier to control. any person with an above average aim would agree that vandal is a superior gun.
however, 90% of the pros prefer using the phantom. their aim is spot on, they're aware about the spray pattern and recoil and they are on that level for a reason.
so what is that factor which is making phantom more popular among pros despite of vandal being a one tap gun?
2021-03-01 14:44

Comments

mmm stats say otherwise though? check NA and EU events stats, Vandal is always being used more
2021-03-01 14:57
Hmmm i know some people like the phantom on defense cuz the spray is more reliable for spray transfers, but ^ is correct. More and more people are using vandal.
2021-03-01 16:02
Phantom has more bullets, is quieter and has no tracers through smokes. Pros use phantom more on close range maps and vandal seems to be more popular on icebox afaik
2021-03-01 16:27
I use the Phantom on defense for smoke spamming (because the other team needs to push smokes) and Vandal on attack, just because I prefer the Vandal over the Phantom.
2021-03-01 17:42
Pros use the phantom over the vandal for a few reasons:
1: It has a less random spray pattern that is much easier to control, which makes spray transfers and spraydowns much easier and make bursting and spraying at longer distances more consistent.
2: The aimpunch from a headdink with the phantom will 99.9% of the time result into a kill, meaning that even though it isnt a one shot its still very reliable (and at short range angles you usually hold ct rounds its a 1 shot headshot anyways)
3:Because there are no tracers, it is much better to spam through smoke with the phantom because if you do it with the vandal the enemy team will almost always just spam and kill you.
4: The extra 5 bullets and the higher dps allow you to be much more reliable in clutch and spraydown scenarios.
5: The bullet penetration on the vandal and phantom are the exact same, the only difference is the vandal has a higher bullet damage than the phantom, but the phantom shoots faster so spamming through walls is always better on phantom.
6: Phantom shoots faster, self explanatory, helps in spraydowns, close range fights, and spraying smokes.
7: Phantom first bullet accuracy is more accurate, so even though first shot of the vandal is one tap, phantom is more accurate and more consistent.
2021-03-01 19:04
Also, drone said on his stream that he prefers phantom over vandal on rounds where the other team is playing rushy or his team is playing retake. But on rounds where the enmy is defaulting and conserving util,he likes the vandal more.
2021-03-01 19:08
phantom has better recoil control, no tracers, is quieter, and has higher dps.

im still vandal gang tho #FuckPhantom😤
2021-03-01 19:06

Add Comment

You must be logged in to be able to post comments.

Login – OR – Register