Discuss

NA Top 5 Power Rankings #2 (9/1)
Posted byUnited States TaineWil
This weekend's Pop Flash Invitational was both surprising and predictable. Sentinals dominating all the way through, only dropping a map to C9 in the winners finals (13-11) was to be expected for many. However, a finals run from Envy along with a group stage exit from TSM and Gen G. was not. I was uncertain about the lower half of my last power rankings, but this tournament has really thrown me for a loop. Again, this is my opinion, however this weekend has left lots up for debate. So please do not take this for fact, and let me know what you think of NA's top teams!
Previous:
1- TSM
2- Sentinals
3- Gen G.
4- C9
5- Envy

1- Sentinals (Prev: 2)
This is the only ranking I think everyone should be able to agree on. Sentinals has been at the top of every tournament they have been in, and this weekend was no exception. Only dropping a single map the entire tournament this weekend, further cemented that they are the best team in NA. I love watching them play, and am excited to watch them continure to dominate.

T2- Cloud 9 (Prev: 4)
C9 continues to be good for a top 4 finish. I so badly wanted to see them beat Envy and move on the fianls for the rematch against Sentinals this weekend. I think that they would have been able to take another map or two off of Sentinals, making for a better Finals matchup. But alas, they did not. And the main reason I have them up from 4 is because the teams above them performed so poorly. Hopefully we can see C9 take a major tournament soon....

T2- Envy (Prev: 5)
Maybe I am getting ahead of myself with this one, but Envy was impressive this weekend. I, along with many, did not expect them to make the Playoffs bracket. I had Immortals and Sentinals from their group, but Envy proved me wrong. And then, against stong odds they made it to the finals. Even though Sentinals handled Envy pretty easily in the finals, I'm still impressed. I think This is what Envy needed to show themselves and fans that they have what it takes to be at the top of NA Valorant.

4- Dignatas (Prev: -)
Out of no where. Well, kinda. This Dignatas team had high expectations for this tournament due to solid showings under the name Homeless. However, being in a group with TSM, C9, and Gen G. made it hard for me to pick them to make Playoffs. But they did it. Convincingly beating TSM, not once, but twice to do so. Yes, they had a poor performance in the Playoffs, but i'd put them in the same boat as Envy before this tournament. If they place well at the next big NA event, I'd consider them a Top NA team.

5- TSM (Prev: 1)
Oh how the mighty has fallen. We all wanted to see a TSM vs. Sentinals rematch. We did not get it... TSM under performed. I thought TSM would take this tounament, and I think that they even came into this event expecting to win. That was likely their downfall. Maybe it was a bit too harsh droppping them from 1 to 5, but they simply got embarrased this weekend. Pop Flash invitational showed that TSM is not THE top team by any means. Lets hope that Sentinals doesn't make the same mistake at the next event.

First two out: Gen G., Immortals
over 3 years ago

Comments

You must be logged in to be able to submit comments
Login

Top Predictors

Username
Recent Activity

THESPIKE
© 2024 THESPIKE.GG | All Rights Reserved | Not affiliated with Riot Games
18+ Bet Responsibly | BeGambleAware.org