THESPIKE.GG Valorant Event & News Coverage

Forums - General Discussion

New player moving to valorant
hey guys,
im a csgo player looking to move over to valorant. really enjoying the game so far! i have some questions hopefully someone can answer for me:
1. I think i would like to play Omen as my main and Brimstone as a sub since hes fairly similar (maybe ill play Reyna as sub instead? unsure yet). im confident in my aim, but not as confident in my ability usage. in CS players can play retake servers to sort of get good nade practice. what is a good way to get familiar and comfortable with abulity usage?
2. I have a goal of really grinding this game. My friends dont play valorant so im pretty much on my own atm. where can i go to find someone to duo with & grind my way up? Really looking to level up asap.
3. For pugs, is it pretty much just mm at the moment or are there options like faceit and stuff too?
4. Right now im pretty much limited to DM and Unrated and its gotten my aim feeling crisp since ive been working more on that than agent specifics. How exactly does the unrated matches correlate to getting a rank?

i'd like to stream soon but i dont wanna start until im at an elo im feeling good about. Cant wait to grind, day 1 was fun.
2020-09-21 02:53

Comments

1. Any character is great if you can utilize him up to perfection, and it suits your playstyle. You can test how abilities work in a custom game on different maps - learn lineups, one-ways, etc. But mostly you will get comfortable with time with the experience of playing the actual game.

2. There are many LFT discord servers. I think you might want to search for luck there. However, I was mostly grinding mm and adding players that knew their way around communicating and had a crisp aim.

3. Yes, there are faceit hubs. The one that is not dead yet is VPD (Valorant Pro Division). It has 4 different divisions, and 3 of them are invite-only (pretty much the same as cs FPL), but you can already join the Open one. Can't tell you though if people there are any good.

4. It's not a mystery that Riot has implicated the "hidden MMR" system to Valorant. So, from your average KD, amount of wins, and Average Combat Score, the rank that you will start your placement games from is determined.
2020-09-21 05:30
Dont play it if you arent playing with a squad of 5
2020-09-21 11:40
Thats an opinion
2020-09-21 18:51
I almost always solo and have a great time
2020-09-22 00:18
Nice man !
2020-09-22 08:03
you aussies are nice poeple - the only exception
2020-09-22 08:08
1. So first off you might just wanna try many different agents, learn how they function and by time you'll get used to ability usage as well as which agent could suit you the best. For example, I've been playing Valorant since its Closed Beta release and I started playing Brimstone and Omen, because I was quite familiar with smoke usage after playing 6 years of CS:GO straight. Later on I noticed I really liked to play aggressive so I switched to a duelist and here we go. There is no specific agent you have to choose. Primarily you want to choose an agent which suits your playstyle well and which is fun to you. There is nothing worse than playing an agent you don't really enjoy playing.

2. I can't really help you out on this one tbh. There might be forums, discord servers or whatever. But I am sure you'll find people to play with.

3. As PoliteGopnik just replied, there is a HUB called Valorant Pro Division, but I am not sure how good it is right now. But I am pretty sure it's EU only though.

4. PoliteGopnik explained it all.
2020-09-21 17:40

Add Comment

You must be logged in to be able to post comments.

Login – OR – Register