DrLupo interviews the VALORANT developers
A little recap on the topics they talked about:
- There is no estimated time for the beta to last until the launch of the game.
- Access on the 7th will be more than double the amount from 3rd the only way to get the beta is from twitch drops.
- They're going to do it with Skins, cosmetics.
- No loot boxes.
- There will be a battlepass.
- Agent skins: not now, They are worried about messing up the game
- Probably will be seasonal events.
- Not in the first weeks of the beta.
- Queue up as a group of five, there is only one queue list but the algorithm tries to avoid solo queue vs stack of five.
- Rating system is similar to League
- Ranked and unranked have skill based matchmaking
Map Count: four maps at release
- Focus is on high quality map
- Maps can have changes if needed.
- 10 agents in the beta.
- Some will be released later.
Technical and client data
- No aim assist at all, they are focused on PC.
- The game will smooth out people who lag. People shouldnt see anyone lag.
- Anti cheat - Fog-of-War: Your client doesn't know where the enemies are till you need that information.
- If any cheats are detected the match/game is not added to your stats/score. It will not count. The match will end.
- Field of view: locked at 103, focus for competitive balance.
- Screen resolution: Supporting 16:9 and 16:10 also 4:3 but stretched.
- Will be spectator vision at release.
- Replay system, working on it, but will not be available at release.
- No plans for creative mode / customs maps.
- Colorblind mode will be available.
- They are exploring how to help hearing disabled people. Not sure but still looking into it.
- They are looking to do a streamer mode, but no ETA yet. Before Launch most likely.
- Not left hand mode, but they are looking into it. They don't know if it will land before launch.
- Weapon Bobbing, They don't have any plans to disable it. But they can look at it.
- Mouse sens Vertical / horizontal: Right now there is only 1 sensitivity to control both. It's not separated.
- Public accessible API: Yes, there is going to be. Not known when. Not for closed beta.
- Very hard to get LAN support.
- No mouse acceleration in game.
- Private and custom match support available.
- Reconnection option will be available.
- They are testing.
- If they find out they are AFK/Disconnected.They are looking into leaver penalties.
- They don't know yet, but they are looking for feedback on how to address this.
Riots plans for update
- Hotfixes: Emergency patches and they really need to tackle fast.
- Blance: there will be patches with more spaced out time periods.
- They will be doing them frequently enough to respond to players.
- Content updates will be difficult but they want to balance it and not overwhelm players with so much new content. They can't say how long.
- They will probably be around that 2 week cadence just like League of Legends.
- They aren't sure if that model will work for VALORANT.
Not much info about esports
- Community tournament guidelines will come first.
- They want to learn more from the players before building an esports Infrastructure.
Want to see the full interview? Watch it here on DrLupo's channel.
For all information about the VCT 2023, check out our VCT Hub. There you will find our FAQ to answer all of your questions and details about the teams, different Leagues, and more.