Zealium Media LTD ("we", "us" or "our") owns and operates the website www.thespike.gg ("Website"), which allows its users to create an account and browse the latest news content & events coverage for professional/competitive VALORANT. Note that this site is NOT associated with RIOT Games or any of their affiliates.
What personal information we collect from you
Generally you can browse our Website and search through our featured items without revealing personal information about yourself.
However, we may collect personal information from you in the following situations:
- If you create an account, we will collect your username, email & country and we will ask you to choose a password.
- We collect information on the products and services that you have purchased through the Website.
- If you request information or if you have any issues related with our products or services, you can send us a request through our contact form. You will be asked to select the appropriate department (General Inquiries, Billing Department, Account Management, Sponsorships) and to provide us personal information enabling us to provide our support services to you.
- If you interact with us by sending comments or suggestions or by posting or sharing content on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Reddit, we may collect personal information such as your opinion, interests, preferences and degree of satisfaction with our products and services.
- If you send us your application for a position, we will collect your email address and the content of your email, including any attached files such as your resume and reference letter. Depending on the skills necessary to perform the job, we may also collect other personal information, such as your portfolio or code samples.
If you choose not to provide the mandatory information required by us to fulfill a service you have chosen, we may not be able to respond to your request.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information mainly:
- To answer your questions and follow-up with your support queries;
- To assess your interests, preferences and degree of satisfaction with our products and services;
- To send information on our products and services, to the extent permitted by law;
- For any other purpose authorized or required by law.
Disclosure of personal information to Third Parties
We do not sell, rent or lease any personal information on our online users to third parties.
We do not disclose your information to third parties without your explicit consent except for the following purposes:
- In case such information is necessary for the performance of our service providers to fulfill their duties or for the carrying out of their mandates or contracts (i.e., we disclose your personal information to our payment processors so they can process your payment);
- To another corporation in the event of a prospective business transaction in order for the parties to determine whether to proceed with such transaction (i.e. during the course of any due diligence process) or to another corporation or the relevant part of it when such a business transaction is completed in order to carry its business. A "business transaction" includes, but is not limited to, a reorganization, merger, purchase, sale or other acquisition or disposition of a corporation or any of its assets.
- In all cases where such communication is required to comply with applicable law and regulations, requests or orders or if it is otherwise permitted by law (i.e., court order, etc.).
What non-personal information we collect from you
- Log Information: We automatically collect and store standard internet log information when you visit the Website. This information may include, but is not limited to, your Uniform Resource Locator ("URL"), your Internet Protocol ("IP") address and domain name used, your type of browser, the date, time and length of your visits as well as the searches conducted and the web pages consulted.
- Cookies: Cookies are small data files that store information on your computer’s hard drive or web browser. They enable the Website to identify your computer and recognize that you have accessed the Website before.
- Currently we use Google Analytics on the Website in order to collect aggregate information such as how the site was accessed, the length of the visits and the number of first-time users. This information helps us to improve your experience on the Website. We do not combine the information collected with any personal information you submit while on the Website. You can learn about Google Analytics and how it uses your data at: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
- Most Web browsers allow you to limit your exposure to cookies by disabling cookies on your browser. However, if you disable cookies on your browser, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website. You can also opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by dowloading and installing the add-on for your web browser: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Web beacons: Web beacons and pixel tags are tiny graphic images that may be used on the Website in order to determine whether you have performed a specific action (i.e. when a URL has been clicked, etc.). This functionality does not collect any personal information.
We do not intend to collect, use or disclose personal information from anyone under the age of 18 without verifiable parental consent. If you are under 18 years old, you are not allowed to use our Website. If we learn that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 18, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Right to Access and Correct
On written request and subject to a proof of identity, you may consult the personal information that we have collected, used or disclosed, and ask that any necessary corrections be made, where applicable, as authorized or required by law.
However, in order to help us maintain and ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date, please inform us promptly if it changes or if it is inaccurate. You can access and update your personal information in the section "My Details" in the Client Area of the Website.
You may choose to delete your account at any time. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information as soon as reasonably possible and in accordance with applicable law. However, we may keep personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any debts owed or any other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Our servers are located in the United States of America. If you are accessing the Website from outside the United States, please be advised that by your continued use of this Website, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of your personal information in the United States and to make use of services whose use are governed by the laws and jurisdiction of the United States.
We update the security measures on the Website regularly to ensure continued safety of our users and their information.
However, no computer system is perfectly secure and our security measures can only serve to help minimize the risk of security issues.
By email: email@example.com
For all information about the VCT 2023, check out our VCT Hub. There you will find our FAQ to answer all of your questions and details about the teams, different Leagues, and more.