Discuss

EU > NA (Challengers Finals Schedule)
Posted byUnited States Smashburger
Okay, the title is definitely click bait but hear me out.

EU's Challenger Finals Schedule played over two weeks was much better than NA's frantic one weekend finish.

EU did not allow one bad day to ruin a team's chances. No team was faced with an elimination game the exact same day that they lost their first series. Every team got at least 24 hours to reset their mental before the next series. In fact, no team played more than one series in a single day.

NA's schedule gave XSET less than 15 minutes to prepare against Envy in the lower bracket on day 1. 100T and NRG both went from upper semi's to out in the span of 4 hours. The mental toll that multiple series days has on a team harms the competitive integrity of the tournament. Less time to rest, reset, and prepare for the next match.

Maybe this doesn't change the results and that's fine, but it would be interesting to hear the pro's thoughts on this.

With Brazil and LATAM not finishing until this weekend, there is no reason why NA could not have used another weekend to ensure that teams could be their best for each series played. The one series that I think this affects most is C9 and V1 to decide Iceland. V1 was on a high from beating Envy and C9 had to recover from losing a close series to Sen. I believe a day break could have made a difference.

I am not trying to be salty about the results, I am just perplexed as to how the schedule can be justified from a competitive stand point when the stakes are so high.
almost 3 years ago

Comments

You must be logged in to be able to submit comments
Login

Top Predictors

Username
Recent Activity

THESPIKE
© 2024 THESPIKE.GG | All Rights Reserved | Not affiliated with Riot Games
18+ Bet Responsibly | BeGambleAware.org