VALORANT Patch 7.10: Deadlock Buff, Jett Bladestorm Animation Change and More
After the launch of the new Sentinel agent Deadlock, VALORANT developers have released a buff for the Agent. Since her release, Deadlock has received some negative feedback from the community regarding her abilities and how other Sentinels in the game are more viable than her.
However, after looking at the recent pick rate in VALORANT professional matches, balance changes looked necessary, and developers took no time responding to it. Here are the complete details on the new VALORANT 7.10 Patch Notes:
VALORANT PATCH NOTES 7.10
GravNet (C) now requires anyone captured by it to manually remove the net in order to remove the effect. Before this, if you or the enemy were captured, you were able to remove it by moving out of the net radius or waiting for the effect to expire. We think this unlocks a unique power profile while making it a more interesting interaction on both sides, as enemies must put down their weapon and make a noise to deal with the debuff. In addition, we’ve made the ability more reliable for Deadlock to execute by increasing its radius while also ensuring that Agents like Jett and Raze can’t trivialize getting caught in it with their mobility.
- Anyone caught by GravNet will now be debuffed indefinitely until they remove it
- Anyone caught by GravNet will now be affected by increased gravity and a reduction in mobility (example: GravNet now reduces Jett’s Tailwind (E) distance)
- GravNet removal time increased 0.85s >>> 1.5s
- GravNet radius increased 6m >>> 8m
Jett's third-person animations while Blade Storm (X) is equipped have been adjusted to help with combat clarity. It should now be easier to understand her movement when she’s running and when she’s throwing knives.
- Reyna's Leer (C) has proven specifically potent in the close confines of Team Deathmatch since it doesn't affect allies and Empress (X) lacking a time constraint if she's rolling has proven extremely powerful. These changes are meant to create more downtime between these power moments and push Reyna to prioritize orbs if she wants to try and take over with Empress.
Team Deathmatch only changes:
- Leer (C) cooldown increased 44s >>> 51s
- Empress (X) will charge 14% slower
- In Team Deathmatch, Fade’s utility can feel a little hard to use and capitalize off of. These changes aim to help her track down her enemies and close in on them.
Team Deathmatch only changes:
- Prowler (C) cooldown decreased 44s >>> 36s
- Seize (Q) cooldown decreased 51s >>> 48s
Presets have been added to the stats page.
- Fixed a bug where reverb was not being applied reliably to some types of sounds, including gunshots and footsteps.
- Fixed an issue where Viper’s Pit (X) did not correctly block vision for enemies on the minimap and megamap.
- Fixed issues with Fade’s Prowler (C) passing through certain objects.**
- Fixed an issue where the report button text was cut-off for the Arabic language on the Player Report menu.
The changes made for Deadlock are definitely towards the proper steps. Still, the VALORANT community want more rework on her, including her SONIC SENSOR (Q), which should work similarly to Cypher’s trip to become more viable among the player base.
For all information about the VCT 2023, check out our VCT Hub. There you will find our FAQ to answer all of your questions and details about the teams, different Leagues, and more.