VALORANT Patch Notes 7.06: Ascendants to queue with Platinum+ players
It is time for a new update for VALORANT players, and even though it may seem like another short one with a couple of bug fixes, there is actually something very important that will enhance the player experience. According to the latest patch notes, Ascendant players in ranked games can now only invite Platinum or higher players into their lobbies. Riot Games added that this change is made to prevent rank boosting with bots and real players. Let’s cut to the chase and take a look at everything VALORANT Patch Notes 7.06 has brought!
Hey, all! Still Jo-Ellen here.
The biggest update for this patch is our change to who can queue with who in Competitive mode. As always, please give us your feedback. We’re always listening!
- We're implementing some updates to how we load your accessories, like gun buddies and weapons skins, so that it will reduce your load times. This will land mid-patch.
- We’ve updated Sage’s voice lines and added interaction lines with more Agents.
- There has been a wave of competitive rank boosting with bots and real players. In an effort to protect against this abuse, we have introduced restrictions where Ascendant players and higher can only invite players with Platinum rank and higher to their competitive party.
- We will continue to actively monitor botting abuse and ban any accounts suspicious of this behavior.
- For more information on our Gameplay Systems and our approach to combating disruptive behavior, check out our recent VALORANT Systems Health Series.
GAMEPLAY SYSTEMS UPDATES
- Made some back end updates for Combat Reports in order to fix instances where all the correct information wasn't showing. Please let us know if there are any weird behaviors—especially after death and pre-round start.
- Fixed a rare bug where you would be revealed unintentionally in places that you shouldn’t be seen after purchasing a weapon.
- Fixed an issue where the Spike plant and defuse UI bar did not appear for minimal HUD observers.
- Fixed a bug where vision cones would flicker at the start of a round on Sunset.
For all information about the VCT 2023, check out our VCT Hub. There you will find our FAQ to answer all of your questions and details about the teams, different Leagues, and more.