A complete guide to VALORANT skin prices
Many new players in VALORANT find it difficult to understand how the skin system works and how the prices of in-game items are determined. This confusion is not only because they are new to the game but due to the complex layers that Riot Games has incorporated into the system. With different levels of collection tiers influencing skin prices, limited-time collections, special events, and even the Night Market offering personalized discounted skins, it's understandable why experienced players might need some time to get a grasp on things. In an evolving landscape with new releases and updates comprehending VALORANTs skin pricing can be just as challenging, as mastering the game itself.
VALORANT Skin Economy
Unlike some first-person shooter games, where the in-game economy is influenced by player-driven market dynamics, VALORANT takes a different approach. In this game, the skins economy is stable and controlled solely by Riot Games. The prices of skins are based on their collection’s tier and do not change, as the players cannot trade or gift skins. It is worth noting that currently there is no option to sell or gift skins to players in the game. This ensures that the value of a skin remains consistent and is not affected by inflation or deflation caused by supply and demand, in markets.
VALORANT Currencies & Their Conversions
Before diving into the tiers and the dazzle, it's essential to understand the in-game currencies that make it possible to buy and upgrade skins for VALORANT (VP) and Radiance Points (RP).
- 475 VP (+0 bonus VP) for $4.99
- 950 VP (+50 bonus VP) for $9.99
- 1900 VP (+150 bonus VP) for $19.99
- 3325 VP (+325 bonus VP) for $34.99
- 4750 VP (+600 bonus VP) for $49.99
- 9500 VP (+1500 bonus VP) for $99.99
- 20 Radianite Points = 1,600 VALORANT Points (approximately $15 USD)
- 40 Radianite Points = 2,800 VALORANT Points (approximately $25 USD)
- 80 Radianite Points = 4,800 VALORANT Points (approximately $45 USD)
Collections’ and Skins’ Tiers
Skins in VALORANT are categorized into various tiers – Select, Deluxe, Premium, Ultra, and Exclusive – each with a distinct price point:
- Select Edition (SE): ~875 VP ($10) per individual skin, and 2930 VP ($34) to 3,500 VP ($41) per bundle.
- Deluxe Edition (DE): ~1275 VP ($16) per individual skin, around 5,100 VP ($62) per bundle.
- Premium Edition (PE): ~1775 VP ($23) per individual skin, roughly 7,100 VP ($82) per bundle.
- Ultra Edition (UE): ~2475 VP ($30) per individual skin, usually priced at 9,900 VP ($119) per bundle.
- Exclusive Edition (XE): Price varies.
Each tier brings its unique blend of custom animations, sound effects, and even death animations. Moreover, some skins have evolving attributes, allowing players to level up their appearance as they progress.
Skin Discounts, VALOTANT Store, and the Night Market
While VALORANT's skin pricing is fixed, there are still many instances where players can find good deals. The game features a rotating 24-hour store that refreshes daily, offering a selection of skins that might catch your eye. Also, there is a Night Market, a limited-time event where each player receives a personalized set of discounted skins. The Night Market provides not only an element of surprise but also a more budget-friendly way to acquire premium skins.
If you are interested in VALORANT skins, check out other helpful articles about them: