Who is the best VALORANT Agent?
Currently, there are over 20 options to choose from, but have you ever wondered who is the best VALORANT Agent? Remember that the best VALORANT Agents may vary according to the player’s game style and intentions and whether they have a competitive spirit or are just trying to have fun.
Besides, meta changes every once in a while, and while buffing some of the Agents, Riot also nerfs a couple to balance the game. Best Agents in VALORANT, in terms of skill powers. constantly change. You must follow patch notes to see who is the best agent in VALORANT, at least currently.
Best VALORANT Agents: Who to pick?
This might be the most subjective thing to answer, but there are certain aspects to evaluate before we find the right answer. These aspects vary from map picks to other Agents on your team.
Choosing the bestAgents in VALORANT can be challenging, as each character caters to a specific playstyle and game mode. Before deciding on the best Agent for you, it's important to consider the following questions:
- What is your preferred playstyle?
- What is your role in the team?
- What game mode are you playing?
- What are your team's strengths and weaknesses?
Based on the questions above, here are some of the best Agents in VALORANT for different playstyles and roles:
- Jett, Phoenix, Reyna, and Raze are great options for aggressive players who like to take risks and lead the charge.
- For support players who prefer to stay back and heal their teammates, Sage and Skye, are ideal.
- Killjoy, Cypher, Brimstone, Omen, and Viper are great choices for defensive players who like to control areas of the map.
- Initiators like Fade and Sova are perfect options for players who prefer to ignite the fire and start the battle, especially in bomb sites.
- If you need a flash and also love to displace your enemies, KAY/O and Breach are solid choices.
In other words, the best VALORANT agents are the ones that fit the team perfectly. As mentioned, the map is another important aspect if you still ask yourself, “who is the best agent in VALORANT?”
For example, thanks to his arrows, Sova is one of the best Haven agents in VALORANT. His drone and Recon Bolt can easily gather intel and help you dominate the map. Every map has a different structure, and another Agent stands out due to their skills’ compatibility.
As mentioned, meta plays a huge role in deciding the best VALORANT Agents. For instance, in 2023, if you ask your friends, “is Chamber the best in VALORANT,” it means that you clearly haven’t followed the meta. Chamber dominated most of the 2022 season, but he received a huge nerf before the 2023 season and lost almost all of his oppressive power.
What is the best agent in VALORANT for beginners?
It takes time to get used to VALORANT due to the game being demanding in terms of mastering skills and gun play. Instead of starting with Duelists like Jett, Neon, or Raze, we recommend starting with easier agents like Breach, Sage, or Astra. Astra might look confusing at first, but once you figure out where to put the starts in each map it will be a lot easier and you will surely dominate the map, especially on the defensive side.
Check out our other VALORANT guides: